Monday, January 12, 2009

lootwhoring: a weekend recap

After 3 attempts, we finally got a swift belt for Sim! Congratulations! Sim has really lootwhored the last few days: Optical Hat, Byakko's Haidate, and now a Swift Belt!

We went with Grenkinne and Dulce on Saturday, and killed the NMs 4 times (2 each for Dulce and Sim), and only got one belt. Its good to know that WHM RDM SAM THF NIN can take the hume down easily, and the galka with some difficulty. Good times. We will probably end up going back once Dulce gets another codex.

Earlier on Saturday, we teamed up with Grenkinne and did 'A Sheep in Antlion's Clothing' ENM. While only a galatia (sp?) dropped, we were able to complete it with ease. We also made it up the mountain in record time, which allowed us more time to do the swift belt run.

On Friday, we farmed up 3 more diorites- so we should be set there (at least with our current arrangement with Revelations). Sim tried out his shiny new haidate, and proceeded to destroy aura statues. I went THF this time, so we only had to kill 60 or so mobs for all 3 pop items. Hopefully we will resume Byakko later on this week.

Congratulations to Survive for beating Maat on Warrior and Red Mage! She has now beaten him 9 times! I beat Maat on White Mage, which brings me up to 8 Maat kills- still need to do it on Dark Knight.

Now that another job has been crossed off the list, I decided to start Ninja. Survive is on Samurai, and Simkiel is resuming Beastmaster. Grenkinne joined us as Red Mage, and we were able to get Dulce on THF. We partied for a few hours, and I was able to go from 37 to 41 (yay rings!). Ninja is a real stress on inventory space- holy crap. I don't know how you do it Sim. Anyway, I'm just a few levels away from being able to equip my Gothic Gauntlets and Sabatons, which should definitely help with tanking. Fortunately Survive has mastered Seigan/Third Eye tactics, so if I lose hate (to her), we won't get destroyed. Another job is past 40, which means more artifact quests... my inventory hates me.

No comments: