Wednesday, January 14, 2009

inventory +1

Tuesday was pretty much a day off. I had to be in Tavnazian Safehold around 6pst, so I figured I would stick around the Tavnazian region for a bit, maybe farm a codex or something. Just for kicks, I checked on Odqan and Upyri, and to my surprise, Upyri was up (~21-24 hour spawn). He is really hard at night, and I only had lvl 50 gear on, so I summoned Grenkinne to help me out. I left it unclaimed until he got there, and it was beyond easy. Dropped Vampire Mask and Cloak. Gren wanted the cloak for his Dark Knight, and I NPC'd the mask. Gren then proceeded to go afk for the rest of the night.

One of the conditions for us popping/fighting/killing/lootwhoring byakko was to provide Revelations with 2 Cloud Evokers. This rare/ex item is used to enter 'Ouryu Cometh,' a lovely BCNM-style battle that can last up to an hour. Basically it took an hour for everyone to gear up and gather together in Tavnazian Safehold, and even longer for everyone to get to the BCNM entrance in Riverne Site #2. I used my pop item, and allowed the Alliance to enter. Revelations was able to burn Ouryu down with relative ease. I was part of the 'clean up' crew (supposed to be taking care of adds), and as the adds were essentially supposed to be charmed/asleep at all times, I did absolutely nothing. I supposed I could have warped out, but that probably would have been bad form. Regardless, it was still incredibly boring. On estimate, I think Ouryu had approximately 60,000 hp, so he took almost 40 minutes to take down. I suppose it was worth it, as Revelations now has a shot at Bahamut v2- in which they can score some pretty sweet gear. They also got ~900k in gil drops. Fortunately, I'm not all too interested in that stuff- I'll settle for Byakko's Haidate and Inventory +1 instead.

Hopefully the last sky run will be next week!

No comments: