Thursday, December 18, 2008

new additions

Anotsu, Myce, and possibly Kyochi will be joining us for the exp static portion of our LS. Surv and I have known Anotsu and Kyochi for a long time. They quit about 6 months ago, and are back. Myce is a friend of Simkiel, and he has partied with us randomly over the last few months.

I'm looking to build a new exp static with the hopes of building an assault/salvage static. While I know this is sort of in the middle of some other static setups that we have made, I'm thinking this new one will help us should we do assaults/salvage. In order to do this, however, we will need monks. While it may be difficult to build a party around a few monks, I'm hoping to pull it off. With the introduction of level sync, it will be a hell of a lot easier to get the jobs we need. Myce has offered to level anything save for dancer (or puller). I'm pretty much done with DD jobs, leaving mages and ninja. Surv has several DD jobs in the lower levels, so she will probably act as a puller. Sim has been leveling samurai with the goal to hit 37, but I may call upon him to level monk. We are left short a tank, so maybe Hoss can sync down as 75 paladin, or Kyochi can come as 59 paladin.

Tentative setup:

Anotsu: Monk (49)
Circa: Red Mage (41)
Hoss: Paladin (75)
Kyochi: Paladin (59)
Myce: White Mage (38)
Simkiel: Monk (42)
Survive: Warrior (43)

As for the start date/time of this static, it has not yet been determined. We are distributed fairly evenly between EST and PST, so hopefully time differences will not play a negative role. Myce, Anotsu, and Kyochi all have fairly open schedules, and Sim is free for the next few weeks (save for dynamis 2x/week). Hoss, Surv, and myself have work schedules, but we tend to be free most evenings.

As it stands, Survive and I will not be on Friday (we may get on late, but don't count on it) or Sunday. Saturday, we will be on. Due to scheduling conflicts, our ENM run will be pushed back to Monday. Sim/Surv/Hoss: I strongly recommend getting the Key Item: Miasma Filter before Monday, so we can just run to Boneyard Gully, kick ass, and get dorps, leaving time for other things.

EDIT: My company's holiday party on Friday was cancelled due to bad weather, so its possible that Survive and I will be on. If this works out, we may decide to do ENM late Friday. I dont know yet.

Let me know what you guys think, and we can make changes as necessary.

If you think this plan is viable, I would recommend farming/gearing up for your respective job.

Monk(s): As we will be level syncing to ~38ish, I would strongly recommend getting some Boreas Cesti. I used these until Exocets/Patas, and they kick ass. I'm hoping you guys also have Brown Belts.

Perhaps we should have a meeting sometime soon to discuss plans/goals/ideas.

No comments: