Thursday, December 4, 2008

future plans

I hate sky. It's boring.

However, I want a few pieces of gear from it- namely Byakko's Haidate and some Shura legs. This isn't just for me- I'm sure all of you want at least the Byakko pants. Fortunately, both these pieces drop off of Byakko. I figure once Sim gets sky access, we can go up and farm Ulli and Despot to get a bunch of triggers. Fortunately ulli is popped, and Despot is 100% claim if you pull the right doll. We can then find an endgame LS that still does sky, use our triggers, and bribe them with the Byakko gil drops- in exchange for the pants. I am willing to do this for anyone who is willing to help out with farming the pop items. Pretty much everyone has a job that can use the Byakko's Haidate, so I figure this could be a regular event, until we all get drops. We could probably spend a couple days a week farming pop items, and once we get 4 sets, we can go commission a LS, then spend a few hours in sky killing Byakko. Alternatively, we could get another 4-6 people to help us out on the fight, but I'm not sure if I want to spend the time/risk the drama doing that.

Next item: Swift belts. Sim and Hoss both need them still. Ideally, this should only take one or two nights to finish. We can do the same thing we did last time with Helldemon/Hellslayer, or we could try to 4 man it on BST, as everyone's bst is now over 50. I wonder how that would work- its probably doable. Sim and Hoss might want to farm/buy codexes, or I can come out and help farm if needed. Get that fomor hate up, and we might be able to put a concrete date on the schedule.

Resuming WAR/THF/RDM/NIN static: I want to get this going again. If you guys want to take them to 75, I'll probably switch to MNK at 66.

Assaults/Salvage: Looks like we all need them. Assaults look like we would be able to do some of them as a 4-man group. Salvage; However, looks like we need a minimum of 6 to enter. I am considering asking a long-time friend to join the LS (for at least a trial period). She has a bunch of random jobs leveled, and I don't know if her schedule would work, but who knows. I think she is leveling BLM at the moment, and that would help our setup out alot. Basically, my goal is to farm a bunch of level 15 pieces, and perhaps snag a few 35s, if possible. The level 25 pieces are dropped by the Salvage bosses, and I don't think we are able to low man them just yet. As for those pieces, maybe we can all join a larger LS later on for those. I figure if we are able to do assaults, we can start to explore and become familiar with the salvage areas and strategies. Salvage is fun, challenging, and very rewarding. Starting this post-sky/swift belts would be fine with me.

Let me know what you think!

No comments: